National Alliance for Eating Disorders
help. support. recovery.
The National Alliance for Eating Disorders (formerly The Alliance for Eating Disorders Awareness) is the leading national nonprofit
organization providing referrals, education, and support for all eating disorders. Since October 2000, we have worked tirelessly to raise awareness; eliminate secrecy and stigma; promote access to
care; and support those susceptible to, currently experiencing, and recovering from eating disorders.
The Alliance offers comprehensive services, including:
- Educational presentations and training days
- Free, weekly, therapist-led support groups nationwide (virtual and in-person) for those experiencing eating disorders and for their
- Support and referrals through both our free help-line and comprehensive referral website/app
- Direct, low-cost, life-saving, outpatient treatment to underinsured and uninsured adults in the South Florida
- Unique and empowering Southern Smash scale smashing events and SmashTALK panel discussions.
Over the past 21 years, we have demonstrated our tireless commitment to creating change and making a positive impact on our
For more information, please call 561.841.0900 or visit www.allianceforeatingdisorders.com.
WHY TREATS AND SWEETS
A Message from Nancy Richter, Chair
Our committee and bakers are proud to support an organization that dedicates time, effort, and energy to
help those in need within our community and nationwide. The Alliance actively strives to eliminate the shame and stigma associated with eating disorders and increase the awareness that all foods,
including sweets, are good in moderation.